The School of Pharmacy was founded in 1964 as part of The Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University. Subsequently it was established as The Faculty of Pharmacy in 1972. It is the second oldest Pharmacy Faculty in Thailand, and the first Faculty to be situated outside Bangkok.
The Faculty of Pharmacy is located on Suthep road, about 5 kilometers from the city center and 2 kilometers from the main university campus. A group of interconnected buildings provide facilities for teaching, research and administration. The Faculty of Pharmacy is situated with access from Suthep road for the public to obtain medication services and for training pharmacy students on professional practice.
The total number of pharmacy graduates was 3,975 in academic year 2011. The graduates work in hospitals, community pharmacies, pharmaceutical industries and various companies including public health agencies. 319 students have completed postgraduate programs in various fields:- pharmaceutical science, clinical pharmacy, public health, biotechnology, nanosciences and nanotechnology and pharmacy administration
"To be a leader in bringing forth moral and quality graduates and in the development and dissemination of advanced pharmaceutical knowledge that serves society"The Faculty of Pharmacy, Chiang Mai University, has established itself as a Northern higher education institute which proposes to:-
1. Produce ethical, knowledgeable and professionally skillful graduates with volunteer spirit who are capable of discern and continuously pursue lifelong learning.
2. Systematically facilitate basic and applied research leading to qualified products that serves community needs and expands to international level.
3. Encourage faculty staffs and students to bring up their academic pharmacy potential to strengthen our community and society to be self-sufficient.
4. Nurture local culture, religion, environment and local wisdom for healthcare to be sustainable.
5. Implement good governance and self-sufficiency economy for organization management.