Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nuttee Suree from the Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University, was named ‘Outstanding Science Teacher 2021’ by The Science Society of Thailand Under the Patronage of His Majesty the King (SCISOC). He will attend the award ceremony chaired by HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn to be held at a later date.
Dr. Nuttee Suree is honoured for his innovative technique in evoking student participation and fostering 21st-century skills. Widely recognised by the Thai and international communities, his remarkable expertise and achievements include the following:
- A leading figure in STEM education and a STEM Ambassador appointed by The Institute for the Promotion of Teaching Science and Technology (IPST) and a guest speaker sharing insights to schools and university teachers nationwide through more than 40 events.
- A contributor to the learner-centred education under the Euro-Asian Collaboration for Enhancing STEM Education (EASTEM).
- A co-founder of EdSociate, a project for educational innovation, and the Me Dee project, which promotes a learning ecosystem for Thais of all ages, funded by CMU School of Lifelong Education.
- A leader in the administration of problem-based learning, critical thinking in problem-solving, teamwork skill enhancement, technology-integrated learning, learner-centred education, lifelong learning through flipped classroom, innovation skill enhancement, and 4D measurement and evaluation.
- A major academic service provider to communities, participating in 62 educational activities during the past nine years.
Moreover, Dr. Nuttee Suree is renowned for his research and knowledge transfer on HIV cure, with 15 publications in the past five years, two international patents, and guest speaker invitations at 17 international conferences. He has set a stellar example of mastering the art of managing self, others, and work with a strong sense of morality, great personal skills, and devotion to collective goods, while also fostering moral qualities in his students.